Revenge of the Titans
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Easy end stage mining

2 posters

Go down

Easy end stage mining Empty Easy end stage mining

Post  Admin Tue Feb 15, 2011 9:24 pm

After playing through the game a few times, I have discovered an easy way to mine most or all the crystals before the end of the stage without needing to set refineries up at the beginning of the stage or defend them.

Later in the game the crystals are far from your base and spread out and easy targets for Titans. Here's what you do. Wait until almost every Titan has already come and no more are coming. Find a small Titan whose preferably far from your base and defense turrets. Look to see what path he is taking and place a single barrier in front of him and place one more beyond that. While he is chewing through them place one or two refineries on each mineral deposit. Go back to the Titan and always make sure he has two barriers in front of him. This will delay the small Titan tremendously giving your refineries time to collect all the money they can. Eventually you will master each Titan's path and efficiently place barriers. The concrete barriers take approximately 3 sec to chew through for Saturn small Titans. If you have several refineries each bringing in $10 per 3 sec and each barrier only costs $10 then you make a significant net profit if you place the barriers well. Make sure to only place a couple of barriers at any time, since they will just go around if there is more. This results in a gain of several thousand dollars each stage that has a significant number of mineral deposits, saving you loads in the long run. Just be sure to save as many barriers as you can for the end of the stage or you'll run out and lose potential profit.

Admin
Admin

https://revengeofthetitans.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Easy end stage mining Empty Re: Easy end stage mining

Post  Cal Sat Feb 19, 2011 10:42 am

Clever use for game mechanics! Feels clunky though. I wonder if this will be prevented in future versions.

Cal

Back to top Go down

Easy end stage mining Empty RE:

Post  Admin Sat Feb 19, 2011 1:56 pm

Honestly I hope this will be fixed. While its there it's just too tempting not to use, but it does feel unrealistic and clunky. However, some balance issues need to be fixed before harvesting them the correct way becomes a possibility.

Admin
Admin

https://revengeofthetitans.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Easy end stage mining Empty Re: Easy end stage mining

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum